As an Amazon Associate, Brew Smartly earns from qualifying purchases. That comes at no extra cost to you. How this works.
A high-quality machine that is single serve and iced coffee friendly, the Keurig K-Elite is an affordable replacement for the Keurig K575.
I have always loved my Keurig machines. They make my cup of java as fast as 1. 2. 3.
I am absolutely all about speed when it comes to getting my first cup of coffee before my eyes open.
It’s just how it goes.
And, this Keurig is a step above the rest. It blends a sleek design with programmable features, and it will be sure to provide you with a cup of wonderful aromatic goodness almost as soon as you roll out of your comfy and hard to leave the bed.
It makes starting your day worth it.
If you are like me, you need a coffee maker that offers speed, quality, and customization above anything else.
So, without further ado, let’s dive in to see what makes the Keurig K-Elite so darn special.
Customize, Customize, Customize
There are many options for different brewing sizes available with this Keurig. You can brew 4 oz, 6 oz, 8 oz, 10 oz, or even 12 oz cups of coffee.
If you are someone who wants to grab your coffee and go, then this machine could be your new best friend. By removing the removable drip tray, it accommodates a travel mug of up to 7.2 inches tall. And, if you keep the drip tray in place, it will catch an entire accidental brew, making the spill clean up easy!
You are also able to adjust the strength of your coffee by pressing the strong brew button on the front of the machine. It will increase both the bold taste and overall strength of your coffee’s flavor.
To take it even one step further, the Keurig K-Elite has also introduced the option for iced coffee with its iced setting. Simply press the iced button on the front of the machine, and it will brew hot coffee over the top of the ice in your cup for a full-flavored icy treat.
The Keurig K-Elite also makes a kettle an unnecessary kitchen appliance with the use of its hot water button. You can use it to make porridge, tea, hot chocolate, or whatever else you would need hot water for.
And, while K Cups can be great and convenient, they are also known to leave your coffee with a plastic taste. To get around this, you can use the K Cup Universal Reusable Coffee filter (unfortunately sold separately), which allows you to use your own coffee grinds.
This is an excellent feature for all you coffee lovers (addicts?) out there, who know how important the right grind of the coffee is!
The programmable settings this machine offers also allow you to control the temperature of water you use to brew your coffee. With 187-192 degrees Fahrenheit, your coffee always extracts at the right temperature, just the way your tastebuds appreciate.
High Altitude Setting
One other unique feature of this machine is the High Altitude setting. When you brew coffees at higher altitudes, water has an overall lower boiling point. With this Keurig, you are able to choose this setting that will lower the boiling temperature and not overheat your coffee to the point of burning it and leaving you with a bitter taste in your back of your throat.
Designed for Convenience and Speed with a Modern Flare
Exterior-wise, the Keurig K-Elite has been elegantly designed. It has a beautiful brushed finish and metal details that make it stand out from the coffee maker crowd. It comes in three different colors: Brushed Gold, Brushed Silver, and Brushed Slate.
Measuring 12.7 x 9.9 x 13.1 inches, it isn’t smaller than the other Keurig machines out there, but it is still a great sized machine to leave out on your countertop, so it is ready to use when you require it.
The water reservoir capacity is also a step up from older machines. This Keurig holds up to 75 oz. (or 8 cups) of water in its removable water tank. That means you will need to spend less time refilling it and more time drinking its deliciously produced goodness.
Overall, using the machine is the same simple, easy, and convenient setup as previous machines. You stick your K Cup in the slot, close the lid, and choose your preferences for your ideal cup, then watch as your coffee begins to brew.
With Keurig’s new Smart Start tech (as long as you enable it!), you can stick your K Cup in and press brew without the machine being fully warmed up and ready to go. Walk away for a few minutes, and when you come back, your fresh hot coffee will be waiting for you. Now, what is easier than that?
Quite Brewing Technology
The quiet brew tech is also an excellent feature, with the brewing noise being minimized, which can be a definite perk first thing in the morning or when using it in an office setting.
Maintenance and Care
There isn’t really much to clean with the Keurig K-Elite. Other than throwing your old pod away or washing your reusable K Cup, it’s a pretty simple machine to take care of.
The one thing I can say is that when you use a shorter cup, chances are water will splash out and leave your counter a bit messy. But hey, that’s what a paper towel or rag is for!
For longer-term maintenance, the machine will require a cleaning every 3-6 months, which will remove the scales build up from boiling water. It can be done using a descaling solution and refilling the tank a few times to flush the machine out.
The cool thing about the Keurig K-Elite maintenance is the Brewer Reminder Maintenance feature will alert you when it’s time to descale. This is an important process as it removes the build-up of calcium deposits, making sure you will get smooth and tasty cups of coffee.
What Comes in the Box?
There really aren’t a lot of components needed to make your Keurig work. The setup is easy and pretty straightforward. But to get a feel of what you will be dealing with when unboxing your Keurig, you will find the followings:
- Keurig K-Elite
- The user manual
- A water filter
- A water filter handle
- 6-count K Cup variety pack
Accessories You May Want to Try
Sometimes having the right accessory completely changes your coffee game. If you are an accessory lover, you may want to give these a try:
- Keurig My K Cup Universal Reusable Filter: This filter allows you to use your ideal coffee grounds so you can take your Keurig coffee-making game up to the next level. The filter includes two fill lines so you can make the perfect stay-at-home cup, or the perfect on-the-go travel mug brew.
- K-Cup Carousel: If you are one of those people who loves organizing your spice rack or loves showing off all your coffee choices, you may want to consider the best of both worlds. The K Cup Carousel holds up to 35 coffee pods and can rotate 360 degrees. It makes your coffee options look even more inviting…if that is even possible!?
To make the most of your Keurig K-Elite, I would recommend doing the following:
- If you are using the reusable filter option, make sure to get a grinder that will give you consistent, smooth, and even grounds. And, if using your own ground coffee, make sure to grind it right before you place them in the Cup, as ground coffee can become stale within 5 minutes of grinding it.
- Take cleaning your machine seriously. It’s two times a month. That isn’t a lot of cleaning time required to keep your Keurig in top-notch shape.
- If you want your coffee to be extra strong, consider using a 4 oz or 6 oz cup size if you are only using one pod. That being said, consider doubling up on your pods from the 8 oz size and up. Unless watered-down coffee is your thing, I will take the number of pods used very seriously.
- Strange fact: If you find the coffee you are brewing has a bitter quality, consider adding a pinch of salt. Salt creates a fancy chemical reaction that helps take out some acidity from your brew.
- If you want to avoid the splatter that comes with using a shorter cup, stack two cups on top of one another so your cup will be closer to the top of the spout!
What we like:
- This is a great machine for brewing hot or iced coffee drinks. The setup to make a hot coffee or an iced coffee is simple and just requires the press of a button to differentiate between the two.
- Overall it’s an easy-to-use and super-fast coffee machine. I know for me, those are two must-haves when I’m in the market for a new coffee maker.
- The extra-large water tank means less time spent filling and more time spent drinking. It’s just darn convenient not to have to refill the reservoir after every single cup.
- With 5 different coffee cup sizes to choose from, you can make a tiny cup of coffee or a travel-sized cup to take with you when you leave the house for the day.
- The look of this machine is just classy. It has an elegant design that would fit it in at home or in an office. Having three different color choices is also a big bonus feature, as it lets you customize the look of your machine.
What we don’t like:
- If you are someone who needs a single cup AND a coffee pot, this isn’t the ideal machine for you. It doesn’t brew pots of coffee alongside the single cup, so in this case, you may want to look into the K-Duo plus that comes with both a thermal carafe and single-use coffee slot.
- Two minor things that can be a bit of pain are water can leak from the brewing spout, and if you are using a shorter mug, water can splatter out on your countertop.
- The K-Cups can sometimes have a bit of a plastic taste to them. This has been a problem with past Keurig machines. Although, the Keurig Elite’s coffee has little to no plastic taste. So that’s a win.
What’s the bottom line?
If speed, ease of use, and a good-looking machine are on the top of your list for an ideal coffee maker, then I would say the Keurig K-Elite is for you.
You just can’t go wrong with having a cup of coffee made in under a minute. And, if you purchase the refillable pods, being able to use those is just a nice treat.
You get the ease of the Keurig paired with the greatness of perfect ground beans. Even without refillable pods, Keurig offers over 400 different variety pods to choose from.
However, it may not be the perfect choice for you, if:
You are someone who wants even more control over your coffee than your cup size, or whether it is hot/cold, you may want to consider passing on this one.
If you are someone who needs an entire 12-14 cup carafe, this isn’t a machine that will work for you.